DITAToo is a DITA Content Management System (DITA CMS) that automates and facilitates many of the tasks you have to do everyday. Whether you’re changing the structure of your DITA content repository and need all the links to be updated automatically, want to track how each DITA topic is reused, wish to produce an output based on DITA conditional attributes, or need to manage translations – DITAToo DITA CMS will do this for you.
With DITAToo DITA CMS, even small companies will find managing DITA content easy and affordable.
These are a few highlights of DITAToo DITA CMS features:
- Store content, including text, images, and multimedia, in a central database-driven repository.
- Access the repository from remote computers.
- Organize content in a folder structure.
- Manage who can access the repository and what actions each user can perform.
- Find topics you need using a metadata-based or full-text search.
DITA Map Builder
- Create and edit DITA maps from within DITAToo – no DITA editor is required.
- Pick up topics you need and add them into any of the existing DITA maps or create a new one.
- Create and edit relationship tables.
- Upload DITA maps from your computer – the map structure and relationship tables are preserved.
- If required, download a DITA map from DITAToo to your computer for local editing and publishing.
- Move files around the repository, rename files, and change the folder structure of the repository without worrying about broken links – DITAToo updates links automatically.
- Get automatic warnings when deleting files which are currently used in projects or in other files.
- Don’t worry about dependencies – when uploading or downloading files, DITAToo automatically detects linked files and uploads or downloads them all together.
- See where each topic is reused.
- Publish through the DITA Open Toolkit (DITA OT).
- Publish to a wide variety of output formats, including PDF, HTML, Word, CHM, and Eclipse Help, from a single source.
- Use your DITA OT customizations for publishing, as required.
- Specify conditional content to be included into each deliverable – DITAToo automatically generates .ditaval files.
- Store combinations of conditional attributes and their values as publishing profiles. A publishing profile defines the conditional content to be exposed in a deliverable.
Conversion from MS Word to DITA
- Convert legacy content from MS Word 2003, 2007, and 2010 to DITA.
- Convert even unstyled Word documents to valid DITA – no pre-cleanup is required.
- Get MS Word content automaticaly converted to DITA concepts or tasks – DITAToo automatically identifies information types in your MS Word documents.
- View to which languages each DITA topic is already translated
- View translations to which languages are still missing
- Receive a notification every time a DITA topic in the source language is updated and viewing translations in which languages need to be updated
- View the list of topics included into a DITA map with the indication of the translation status of each of them
- Preview the contents of a DITA topic in a selected language
- Select a language in which you want to publish a DITA map
- Receive a notification when a project that you want to publish includes non-translated topics
You can find a full list of features on the DITAToo DITA CMS official website.